Thursday, March 5, 2009

Another Session of Confession...

I have another confession to make to you brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ. I do not know about you, but I am guilty of going about my daily life and not realizing the depth of the lostness of people. I encounter so many people on a daily basis who are lost and without the hope that can be found only in Christ Jesus. I am guilty of doing ministry, and yet neglecting the people I am ministering to. So many times my sinful heart becomes hard toward people, and my heart has so many times gone unbroken for the lost of this world. Oh how I want so badly to yearn for those who do not know Jesus, I want to be broken over those who live only for this world, who do not have eternal life. I want to weep over those who reject Christ, I desire to desire so strongly for them to know the Lord and Savior of mankind.
I want the same attitude which was in Christ Jesus, when He looked out at Jerusalem, and wept over the city and says "oh how I have wanted to gather you as a hen gathers her chicks but you were unwilling". Oh that I can have this same attitude, this same desire and brokenness that our gracious Lord has.


Lord God, gracious Almighty Sovereign Ruler of the vast Universe that You Yourself spoke into existence. Lord I confess I am so guilty of hard heartedness towards people. Almighty God there is nothing that is impossible for You, so Lord i humbly ask that. Please break me Father for the lost, for those who do not know Jesus, and who do not yet have peace with You. God please give me a heart like that of Your Glorious Son. Oh that I would yearn for those who do not know You God i beg. i pray Father in Jesus Name, please grant my request....

No comments:

Post a Comment