Thursday, February 5, 2009

Romans 8

Romans chapter 8 is one of the most encouraging chapters in the Bible. If you ever feeling worn down by the world, beat up by the enemy, read the 8th chapter of the Book of Romans. One commentator says the chapter starts with no condemnation, and ends with no separation. I took 2 days to go through the chapter and it was truly a blessing, to mull over the Scripture and mediate on what the Holy Spirit was trying to say to me. One part I really wanna focus on is who will bring a charge against God's elect?! God is the One who justifies. 

Spiritual warfare is a real aspect of the Christian life, sometimes it almost is overwhelming. I do not know about you, but the enemy really attacks my relationship with the Lord. I used to live a horrible past, full of indulgence, promiscuity, drugs and alcohol. Now the only One I want is the Lord Jesus Christ, I desire Him more than life. I feel like the devil is constantly bringing up accusations against me to the Lord. Yet not one of them sticks. The very One whom the devil accuses us to is the very One who justifies!! God is the One who justifies and praise God because of the Lord Jesus Christ, all of those things the devil accuses the children of God of, the Lord Himself bore on the cross. Rejoice in the fact that you because of Christs' blood are justified before God!!


No comments:

Post a Comment